[6bone] separating IPv6 experimental from production traffic

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:47:14 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 17:52:25 -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:

> 2) peers notify each other whether their network is production
>    or experimental

I think I agree with Bill that production and experimental means
different things to different people. But this is a key question.
We want to get rid of the many routing problems. For this, I think
we have to look at transit providers only. So I guess we as the
6bone community have to come up with a list of *minimal* requirements
for 6bone transit sites.

Let me kickoff:
- respond to problems within 18 hours (24 hours? how about weekend?)
- peerings with topologically close neighbours (transit or peer
  sites) only
- actively cleanup current peering mess
- apply stringent prefix/AS filtering on peerings

maybe:
- active monitoring of peerings?

        rvdp