[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address management res ponsibilities to RIRs

Malayter, Christopher Christopher.Malayter@tdstelecom.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:54:55 -0500

>But we are basically talking about whether potential 6bone candidates send
>e-mail to Bob Fink, or send e-mail to the RIRs to get their /32 from
>3ffe::/16 space? Aren't we?

Is there any reason to do this?  Bob has done a fantastic job for forever.
Why would we want to move to a pay system from the RIR's who have no
incentive to dish out 3ffe::/16 space for a possible reduced price? when
they have production space. I think Bob is the way to go here.

-Chris