[6bone] pTLA request BUI - review closes 3 September 2002

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:50:48 +0200

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:41:52 +0200, Giacomo Cariello wrote:

> I've had a talk with CEO of Data Service, our IPv4 connectivity partner and
> I agreed with him to anticipate IPv6 deployment schedule for their
> organization.
> Data Service would be interested in requesting a pTLA status for IPv6
> deployment reasons, which would be well justified, considering they are an
> ISP serving hundreds end-sites and regional organizations and offering
> various types of connectivity services.

You can request RIR IPv6 address just like you do for IPv4. Have
Data Service ask for an IPv6 allocation from RIPE NCC. See:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6-initial.html

For background about the policy see:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6policy.html

And for general information about IPv6 see:
http://www.ripe.net/ipv6/

	rvdp