[6bone] pTLA request by Euro6IX project for exchangeexperimentation - review closes 3 Sep 2002

Gav old_mc_donald@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:58:39 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: 6bone-admin@mailman.isi.edu [mailto:6bone-admin@mailman.isi.edu]
On Behalf Of Rik van Riel

RvR says >Yeah right.  I doubt ipv6 is that widely available already.

True, and I'm having difficulty explaining to so called computer/network
'eXperts'
That ipv6 is going to happen (I say happen because it hasn't for them),
and that it is important. 'You have an ipv6 address, yeah right' - is
there answer too! - [The whole truth I neglected to mention (and
therefore a plus in your argument)is that being green to this I don't
really know what to do with it, Freenet6 supplies me with it, it runs
out a week later, I renew it. Microsoft supplied me the stack. I can't
even ping6 anyone for god sake, ooh, another reason maybe why its not so
popular at the moment.

RvR says >IPv6 just isn't commonplace yet.

No, but if I can (sort of) get it, who can't.

regards,

Gav...

---