[6bone] pTLA request by Euro6IX project for exchange experimentation - review closes 3 Sep 2002

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:27:14 -0700

Jordi / Bob / 6boner,

I have some specific questions about this:

1. Question regarding allocations/assignments within the Euro6IX pTLA:

My understanding is that this pTLA would be used for IX infrastructure,
which means routers physically present in one of the IXes, links between
them, router loopbacks, common peering subnets, that kind of thing. Am I
correct?

The question is: what block size are you planning on allocating to whom?
For example, are your planning on allocating a /48 to each IX, and let
the IX assign subnets to participants? Are you planning multiple levels
of aggregation (such as a /40 per country)?

2. Question about the consequences on the global IPv6 routing table.

What will we see in the global routing table WRT the Euro6IX pTLA? The
question is actually more like what are the consequences if everyone
(except Euro6IX IXes peering between themselves) is applying the
"STRICT" route map that has been discussed recently.

If all we shall see in the global routing table is the Euro6IX pTLA
aggregate, I am curious to know who will announce it, and if you plan to
have each IX announce it as a proxy/pseudo anycast route.

Thanks
Michel.