[6bone] IPv6 route server

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:06:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Daniel Austin wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I think there's mixed feelings about route servers...
>
> BBNplanet's also only shows best paths - ner-routes.bbnplanet.net (v4 only)
>
> I guess each has its advantages.  Personally, i prefer one that shows all
> routes as i have multiple providers and i quite frequently like to check
> that both of them are advertising my ip ranges ;-)
> I've found a couple of times that 1 of my providers have stopped advertising
> my prefixes onto major IX's which i wouldnt be able to see from, for
> example, BBNplanet's route server.

I think it has to do with naming symantics.  To me, "route-server" means,
it shows all routes.  "route-views" means it shows the view from within a
particular network core.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |