about IPv6 PPPoE

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:16:07 +0200

 In your previous mail you wrote:

       At present, there is no specification for PPPoE (IPv6). However,
   What we will do in the future if we want to dial to IPv6 network through
   ADSL? Or, we will use fixed rather than dial-up connection in the future
   IPv6 ADSL access?

=> there are 3 different questions:
 - IPv6 over PPPoE: there is *no* problem at all because PPP[oE] works
   with any datagram network protocol and IPv6 over PPP is standardized.
 - IPv6 for dialup: read the excellent answer by Itojun.
 - IPv6 ADSL: wait for ADSL hardware vendors. It seems some complete
   solutions are already available (so someone can/would provide IPv6
   over ADSL to you).

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr