[OT] IPv6 applications in active use

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:38:41 +0200

Chuck Yerkes wrote:
<SNIP>
> I'm recalling some tool on a Sun site that could take code and
> basically LINT it for IPv4 only calls, offering the more generic
> (4 or 6) code.  Anyone know what that is, or where?

Well I know Microsoft has one ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/communications/ipv6/ip
v6winsok.asp

Cut and paste:

8<--------
Microsoft provides a utility called Checkv4.exe that recommends fixes
for code that may not port properly. You can learn about the
functionality of the Checkv4.exe utility by using the sample
applications in the appendixes and reading the documentation in this
paper.

Don't know for sure if it works on 'unix-based' socket code, but as the
winsock framework is not so very different it should work quite well ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen