Can dynamic ipv4 addresses be used to tunnel the ipv6 traffic ?

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:41:43 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 01:31:49AM +0200, Jørgen Hovland wrote:
| I think if your router can redirect encapsulated data, ipv6 tunnel will work
| through NAT.
| You would have to set this static, or sourceroute it...
| Protocol 98 ?
It's protocol 41. And indeed, if you can instruct your 'ip masquerading'
box aka port-overloaded NAT box to send all the proto-41 traffic it gets
to an internal machine, then you're up and running in a jiffy.

If anyone knows an OS that can do this, please reply to this mail. I
think the closest would be iptables or pfw (OpenBSD).

groet,
Pim

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl