AMS-v6-IX member count

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:01:46 +0200

Hi,

Reading about the apparent lack of interrest in (larger) ISPs I can
agree on this. However, for my local situation in The Netherlands, we
have a native peering point at the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX).

>From 1999 through june 2000, we had a seperate VLAN for IPv6 exchange,
but sinds Q3 2000 we are fully operational on the shared medium where
IPv4 traffic and IPv6 traffic are both exchanged.

A quick sweep of the shared medium shows that there are 129 members with
131 AS numbers on 180 ports doing IPv4 connectivity. There are currently
9 of these parties handling IPv6 traffic on 11 ports with 9 AS numbers.

I forsee this number increasing rapidly over the next 12 months, partly
due to a joint effort by some large ISPs to create a roadmap to
AMS-v6-IX in which all amsix connected parties may participate.

Groet,
Pim
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl
http://www.ipng.nl/             IPv6 Deployment