pTLA request for RESTENA-LU - review closes 25 April 2002

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:36:38 -0700

6bone Folk,

RESTENA-LU has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request fully
compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this will close 25 April
2002. Please send your comments to me or the list.

<http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?RESTENA-LU>

<http://www.ipv6.restena.lu>

Thanks,

Bob

===
Subject: pTLA request for RESTENA-LU (AS2602)
To: fink@es.net
Cc: ipv6@restena.lu
From: yves.schaaf@restena.lu
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:22:38 +0100

Hi Bob and 6bone members,

on behalf of RESTENA, I want to apply for a pTLA allocation from the 6bone.
The RESTENA Foundation operates the national research and education network
(NREN)
of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (Europe) and we are connected to the 6bone
since July 2000.

Please find information conforming to RFC 2772 below :

 >7. Guidelines for 6Bone pTLA sites
 >
 >   The following rules apply to qualify for a 6Bone pTLA allocation. It
 >   should be recognized that holders of 6Bone pTLA allocations are
 >   expected to provide production quality backbone network services for
 >   the 6Bone.
 >
 >   1. The pTLA Applicant must have a minimum of three (3) months
 >      qualifying experience as a 6Bone end-site or pNLA transit.   During
 >      the entire qualifying period the Applicant must be operationally
 >      providing the following:

We have about 21 months experience as a 6bone end-site.

 >      a. Fully maintained, up to date, 6Bone Registry entries for their
 >         ipv6-site inet6num, mntner, and person objects, including each
 >         tunnel that the Applicant has.

inet6num:     3FFE:604:10::/48
netname:      RESTENA-LU
descr:        delegation for RESTENA-LU
country:      LU
admin-c:      WB311-RIPE
admin-c:      RVDP3-RIPE
tech-c:       WB311-RIPE
tech-c:       RVDP3-RIPE
remarks:      This object is automatically converted from the RIPE181
registry
notify:       ipv6@surfnet.nl
mnt-by:       MNT-SURFNET
changed:      Wim.Biemolt@ipv6.surfnet.nl 20000625
changed:      auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net 20010117
source:       6BONE

inet6num:     3FFE:8039::/34
netname:      RESTENA-LU
descr:        NLA allocation from QPTVSIX
country:      LU
admin-c:      YS2-6BONE
tech-c:       YS2-6BONE
tech-c:       AF5-6BONE
notify:       ipv6@restena.lu
mnt-by:       MNT-RESTENA [update] [delete]
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20020409
source:       6BONE

inet6num:     3FFE:2024:2000::/35
netname:      RESTENA-LU
descr:        NLA allocation from SWITCH
country:      LU
admin-c:      YS2-6BONE
tech-c:       YS2-6BONE
tech-c:       AF5-6BONE
notify:       ipv6@restena.lu
mnt-by:       MNT-RESTENA [update] [delete]
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20020409
source:       6BONE

ipv6-site:    RESTENA-LU
origin:       AS2602
descr:        RESTENA-LU
country:      LU
prefix:       3FFE:604:10::/48
prefix:       3FFE:8039::/34
prefix:       3FFE:2024:2000::/35
application:  ping www.ipv6.restena.lu
application:  ping gate.ipv6.restena.lu
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu ->
l1.ar1.amsterdam2.surf.net SURFNET BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu -> eth.nl2.nl.ten-155.net
QTPVSIX BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu -> swi6T1.switch.ch SWITCH
BGP4+
contact:      AF5-6BONE
contact:      MS11-6BONE
contact:      YS2-6BONE
remarks:      This object is automatically converted from the RIPE181
registry
notify:       ipv6@restena.lu
mnt-by:       MNT-RESTENA
changed:      marc.stiefer@restena.lu 20000626
changed:      auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net 20010117
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20010206
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20010801
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20011026
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20020202
changed:      yves.schaaf@restena.lu 20020408
source:       6BONE

mntner:       MNT-RESTENA
descr:        Maintainer  of RESTENA 6Bone objects
admin-c:      AF5-6BONE
tech-c:       AF5-6BONE
tech-c:       MS11-6BONE
upd-to:       alain.frieden@restena.lu
upd-to:       marc.stiefer@restena.lu
mnt-nfy:      alain.frieden@restena.lu
mnt-nfy:      marc.stiefer@restena.lu
notify:       marc.stiefer@restena.lu
notify:       yves.schaaf@restena.lu
notify:       ipv6@restena.lu
mnt-by:       MNT-RESTENA
changed:      marc.stiefer@restena.lu 20010206
source:       6BONE

 >      b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and connectivity
 >         between the Applicant's boundary router and the appropriate
 >         connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
 >         pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
 >         Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA request.

We have three BGP4+ peerings :
with SURFNET
--> tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu ->
l1.ar1.amsterdam2.surf.net SURFNET BGP4+

with the GEANT IPv6 test program - GTPv6 (also QTPVSIX) :
--> tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu ->
eth.nl2.nl.ten-155.net QTPVSIX BGP4+

with SWITCH
--> tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 ipv6gate.restena.lu -> swi6T1.switch.ch
SWITCH BGP4+

The IPv6 router is pingable over IPv6 and IPv4.

 >      c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
 >         entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one host
 >         system.

We maintain DNS forward (AAAA) entries for ipv6.restena.lu and reverse
entries for 3ffe:604:10::/48 and 3ffe:8039::/34.

Nameserver #1:    ipv6-ns1.ipv6.restena.lu
                   3ffe:2024:2000::2
                   158.64.56.114

Nameserver #2:    ipv6-ns2.ipv6.restena.lu
                   3ffe:2024:2000::3
                   158.64.56.115

The router is called ipv6gate.restena.lu --> gate.ipv6.restena.lu.
One available host system is www.ipv6.restena.lu.

www.ipv6.restena.lu

 >   2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
 >      "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
 >      provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
 >      This MUST include the following:
 >
 >      a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
 >         person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
 >         for the pTLA applicant.

AF5-6BONE
YS2-6BONE

ipv6@restena.lu

 >   3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
 >      would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
 >      major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
 >      of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
 >      support this claim.

The RESTENA Foundation operates the national research and education network
(NREN)
of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (Europe). We act as an ISP for our NREN
community
and are responsible for the management of the ccTLD LU.

 >   4. The pTLA Applicant MUST commit to abide by the current 6Bone
 >      operational rules and policies as they exist at time of its
 >      application, and agree to abide by future 6Bone backbone
 >      operational rules and policies as they evolve by consensus of the
 >      6Bone backbone and user community.

We agree to abide by the rules as they exist now and as they may evolve in
the future.

 >   When an Applicant seeks to receive a pTLA allocation, it will apply
 >   to the 6Bone Operations Group (see section 8 below) by providing to
 >   the Group information in support of its claims that it meets the
 >   criteria above.
 >
 >8. 6Bone Operations Group
 >
 >   The 6Bone Operations Group is the group in charge of monitoring and
 >   policing adherence to the current rules. Membership in the 6Bone
 >   Operations Group is mandatory for, and restricted to, sites connected
 >   to the 6Bone.
 >
 >   The 6Bone Operations Group is currently defined by those members of
 >   the existing 6Bone mailing list who represent sites participating in
 >   the 6Bone. Therefore it is incumbent on relevant site contacts to
 >   join the 6Bone mailing list. Instructions on how to join the list are
 >   maintained on the 6Bone web site at < http://www.6bone.net>.

Regards,

Yves Schaaf
Fondation RESTENA