Who is in charge of the 2002::/16 reverse DNS ?

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:50:28 +0200

Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Merlin wrote:
> > Does one apply for reverse mapping somewhere - is it just "done"? -
is it not official yet? - is the 2002 just
> > temporary?
> >
> > I'm probably not close to being ready to go official yet,
> but soon, and a person who has been very kind in helping me
> > out, advises me of the following;
> >
> > >By the way, I have no idea who is in charge of the 2002::/16
reverse
> > >DNS, but you probably do want to get all of
> > >0.6.1.0.b.c.2.0.0.2.ip6.{int,arpa} delegated to your servers (that
> > >would correspond to your IPv4 203.1.96.0/24).
> >
> > Can someone who knows how all this works together take a moment to
advise me please?

> This is still an open issue.  See:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-dns-00.txt
>
>and e.g. dnsext minutes/presentations for IETF53.

Also 6to4 is a _transistion_ method... so I wonder why somebody wants to
get their company/organisation relying on something that will go away in
the long run, which could take it's time ofcourse.
You'd still be better off getting some real IPv6 space from your
upstreams.
6to4 is perfect though, for the time when your upstreams are still in
neverneverland ;)
And renumbering a network with IPv6 is a piece of cake, but why make the
effort for reversing 6to4 then in the first place.

Greets,
 Jeroen