Exchange points

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

%
% Hi everybody,
%
% for my masterthesis I study the routing in IPv6.
% Now I have heard, that there are exchange points in the old IPv4 backbones.

	There are "backbones" and there are "exchange points"
	in both IPv4 and IPv6 space.

% I don't find anything about those special routers(?) in the RFCs or the Internet-Drafts.
% Has someone a paper or any else informations about those items?

	And it is unlikely that you would. These are implementation
	and operational features, not protocol issues and so their
	uptake in the IETF would be a violation of IETF charter.

	You might find some pointers on exchanges, both IPv4 and
	IPv6 at  www.ep.net

%
% Thanks in advance
%     Johannes