Mbone via 6bone?

ab8kf@netscape.net ab8kf@netscape.net
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:21:01 -0400

Two entirely different animals.  The 6bone network supports IPv6 multicasting, but IPv4 multicasting is not supported on 6bone.  The mbone virtual network, if it still exists, is a IPv4 multicast virtual network backbone.  Most networks in the US, Canada, Europe, and Far East support native multicasting at this present time, either through mrouted or other tools.
Is there a reason you want to access mbone?
-Sean Walton