Looking for BGP peers

Pedro Goncalves pgoncalves@net.telepac.pt
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:00:20 -0000

Hello

>From what i've read, sure we have to keep the routing table small, but entities like mine,
that will need to be IPv6 multihomed in the near future also need to get some experience
before applying for pTLA.

Other option that i see is to obtain another /48 from another pTLA, exchange BGP and use
it on my network.

Yet another option is to exchange BGP with other /48 NLA and do some filtering.

Is that possible/correct within 6Bone??

Pedro Goncalves

-----Original Message-----
From: Pekka Savola [mailto:pekkas@netcore.fi]
Sent: terca-feira, 30 de Outubro de 2001 15:34
To: Pedro Goncalves
Cc: 6bone@ISI.EDU
Subject: Re: Looking for BGP peers

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Pedro Goncalves wrote:
> Currently we (Telepac) are connected to the 6Bone, having RCCN as our upstream pTLD.
> We have several IPv6 accessable services (http, irc, nntp...) and we are looking for
more
> BGP4 peers.
> We are running Cisco IOS 12.2.4T on our routers.
>
> Is there someone interested in exchange BGP with us?

Umm, unless I'm mistaking somehow...

I doubt this makes much sense, because the peers you'd talk with would not
be able to advertise your prefix (it's /48, limit is like /24 or /28 or
/35, depending).

If you want better connections, RCCN should be doing the peering.

(we were perhaps in a similar situation; "imprisoned" by our pTLD, so we
went and got a 2001: prefix we can announce anywhere we want)