pTLA request for UDG

Harold de Dios Tovar Volunt dios-vol@telecom.noc.udg.mx
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:14:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi Bob,

We would like to apply for a pTLA allocation from 6bone, we are UDG,
Universidad de Guadalajara (http://www.udg.mx) we are one of the members
of Internet 2 here in Mexico, the name of the organisation is CUDI.
The Mission of CUDI is to promote and to coordinate the development of
networks of telecommunications and computing, focused to the scientific
and educative development in Mexico.

 We would like to request one pTLA block, conformance to RFC 2772

pTLA prefix requests.

The following rules apply to qualify for a 6Bone pTLA allocation. It
should be recognized that holders of 6Bone pTLA allocations are
expected to provide production quality backbone network services for
the 6Bone.

1. The pTLA Applicant must have a minimum of three (3) months
      qualifying experience as a 6Bone end-site or pNLA transit.   During
      the entire qualifying period the Applicant must be operationally
      providing the following:

   UDG is in 6bone since Mon, 3 Sep 2001 as pNLA of ITESM 3ffe:8240:8012::/48
   at this moment we have pNLA 3FFE:8070:1012::1/64 from UNAM too.

 a. Fully maintained, up to date, 6Bone Registry entries for their
         ipv6-site inet6num, mntner, and person objects, including each
         tunnel that the Applicant has.

   The UDG has the following objects:

   inet6num:    3FFE:8070:1012::/48
   ipv6-site:   UDG
   mntner:      MNT-UDG
   mnt-by:      UDG-6BONE
   person:      Harold de Dios Tovar.

   theses are our BGP4+ peer conections:

   tunnels:     IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> gwipv6.ipv6.itesm.mx
ITESM BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx ->
unam-ipv6-1.ipv6.unam.mx UNAM STATIC
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> ipv6-lab-gw.cisco.com
CISCO BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> pioneer.ipv6.berkom.de
BERKOM BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> rtr.ipv6.he.net
HURRICANE BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> v6-gw.cygate.fi SMS
BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> cern-atm7.cern.ch CERN
BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> ipv6-gw.grnet.gr GRNET
BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> border-gw2.caladan.net
CALADAN BGP4+
                IPv6 in IPv4 border.ipv6.udg.mx -> ziggy.ci.ulsa.mx ULSA
STATIC

   application: ping imperio.ipv6.udg.mx
                ping noc6.ipv6.udg.mx

   url:         www.ipv6.udg.mx

 b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and connectivity
         between the Applicant's boundary router and the appropriate
         connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
         pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
         Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA request.

    Our BGP4+ conections are working on cisco 3600, this router is
    border.ipv6.udg.mx and can be Ipv6 pingable.

 c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
     entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one host
     system.

    UDG has the following about DNS, actually we have 3 IPv6 zone, it
    is maintain and is using DNS forward (AAAA)  and reverse (ip6.int).

    Those are the records:

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;imperio.ipv6.udg.mx.           IN      ANY

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    imperio.ipv6.udg.mx.    86400   IN      AAAA
    3ffe:8240:8012:1:201:3ff:fee6:ad36
    imperio.ipv6.udg.mx.    86400   IN      A       148.202.15.149
    -------------------
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;noc6.ipv6.udg.mx.              IN      ANY

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    noc6.ipv6.udg.mx.       86400   IN      AAAA
    3ffe:8240:8012:1:210:5aff:fe99:f59b
    noc6.ipv6.udg.mx.       86400   IN      A       148.202.15.220
    ------------------
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;border.ipv6.udg.mx.            IN      ANY

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    border.ipv6.udg.mx.     86400   IN      A       148.202.15.8
    border.ipv6.udg.mx.     86400   IN      AAAA
    3ffe:8240:8012:1:204:c1ff:fe89:5c71

 d. A fully maintained, and reliable, IPv6-accessible system
         providing, at a mimimum, one or more web pages, describing the
         Applicant's IPv6 services.  This server must be IPv6 pingable.

    Our Dual-Stack (IPv4/Iv6) web page is http://www.ipv6.udg.mx/
    Here you could find some basicall information about IPv6, in fact our
    tunnels status can be seen here.
    We are implementing TunnelBroker and other aplications to be used by
    people interested in IPv6.

2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
    "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
     provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
     This MUST include the following:

 a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
     person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
     for the pTLA applicant.

    HDDT2-6BONE

    The support staff of UdG has 7 person, the name person in charge
    is Harold de Dios Tovar.
    OBEJCT:ipv6-site
    changed: dios-vol@telecom.noc.udg.mx
    OBJECT:person
    changed: harold@noc.udg.mx

 b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all support
     staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in the
     ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.

    staff@ipv6.udg.mx

3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
      would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
      major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
      of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
      support this claim.

    UDG is a mexican university, UDG network ha sa user comunity made up
    of more than 100,000 students, teachers, researchs and personal
    working at UDG. You can find this information at UDG web page ->
    http://www.udg.mx

    UDG is one of the principal members of CUDI (Cooperacion Universitaria
    para el desarollo de internet), this is the internet 2 consortium in
    Mexico. --> http://www.cudi.edu.mx

4. The pTLA Applicant MUST commit to abide by the current 6Bone
      operational rules and policies as they exist at time of its
      application, and agree to abide by future 6Bone backbone
      operational rules and policies as they evolve by consensus of the
      6Bone backbone and user community.

   UDG undertand the 6bone operational rules and we are strongly agree
   whit them all and we will to abide to the current and the future 6bone
   operational rules and policies.

 Regards from Mexico!!

      Harold de Dios Tovar

  home: (01) 36 726016