Looking for BGP peers

Jeroen Massar jfleming@anet.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:25:18 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Fleming [mailto:jfleming@anet.com]
<SNIP>

Hi Jim....

Please tell me what has all this to do with the 6bone? If it has nothing

Also are you afraid to answer any questions which are put in front of
you or do you really don't know any answers?
Maybe you should, like most beginners be directed to for instance
www.google.com where you can find many of the answers you are trying to
seek.
And otherwise go setup your own list and go talk to yourself or
something... have fun at it... don't bother the 6bone community with
your nonsense...

IN-ADDR.[TLD] names.
You mean like the .tv tld which simply ask $100.000++ for a single
stupid ascii name.... ah great... now I truly understand what you mean
:)
And you are going to govern which of those TLD's to become filty rich ?
Stupid me... I thought you really wanted *free* stuff...

> Are you familiar with the way IN-ADDR.ARPA works ?
<SNIP>

Yes I am familiar with the way in-addr.arpa works... are you?

Just too enlighten you a bit:
IN-ADDR.ARPA is a DNS (Domain Name System) zone.... it's used by
millions of people... even though they don't know it.
in the IPv6 world we use ip6.int (for PTR) and maybe soon after the
debates are over we might even shift to ip6.arpa
See http://www.crt.se/dnssec/bind9/Bv9ARM.ch04.html#AEN1036 and ofcourse
RFC 1034 amongst others...

IN-ADDR.ARPA has subzones which get delegated from the LIR's and RIR's
to the delegates so they can manage those spaces...
In the IPv6 world the same happens...

Does that answer your question? If not I recommend you some of the great
O'Reilly books which can amongst others be bought (yup they are not
free) at amazon.com.
Check out:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tcp2/ (TCP/IP Network Administration, 2nd
Edition) and
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/ (Internet Core Protocols: The
Definitive Guide)

And many of their other fine books...

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: Jim, I set the reply-to to your own email so you can converse the
rest of your stupendous mailings with yourself...
the 6bone@isi.edu (bcc'd so it will go away too on reply) is a
mailinglist for 6bone content _not_ for fle^Hame wars about 'IPv8' or
other delusions...