ip6.arpa

Peter Bunclark psb@ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:19:18 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Bill Manning wrote:

> %
> % Thanks to everyone who contributed quite a bit of interesting and
> % enlightening discussion to the original query.
> %
> % But I'm not sure we actually got to finding out where the buck has
> % stopped.  There must be someone somewhere who is not getting on with
> % what needs to be done, and I for one would like to lobby them...
> %
> % Peter.
>
> 	The move has no technological basis. The RR type that
> 	suggested the migration is itself under review. Why
> 	the rush?
>
> --bill

I refer you to the discussion on this mailing list previously which
covered these points.

I'd point out that there's considerable anti-IPv6 feeling out there - some
of it expressed on the tcp/ip newsgroup over the last day.  Having IPv6
documentation which conflicts with reality is terribly counter productive
and will harm the take up and credibility of IPv6.

Pete.