ip6.arpa

Ben Clifford benc@hawaga.org.uk
Wed, 2 May 2001 20:15:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Kristoff Bonne wrote:

> > I can't seem to get any reverse lookups to work using /usr/bin/host
> > supplied with bind-9.1.1 unless I use the ip.int nibble based option.
> I guess you talk about the 'reverse DNS' for the IPv6 domain. It's
> ip6.int. (not .arpa.)

I can get ip6.int reverse resolution without any problem.

I was referring to the new ip6.arpa reverse resolution which BIND v9 can
do, which has different features: such as delegation on any bit
boundaries, not just nibbles and the ability to share the same reverse
lookup zones between multiple prefixes.

See rfcs 2874, 2672, 2673.

It doesn't seem to have been set up yet.

--
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/travel/ for my rotating world map applet
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/benc_key.txt PGP / GPG key 0x30F06950 - please use it!