DHCP

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:08:59 +0100

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   Penned by Francis Dupont on Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:20:59PM +0100, we have:
   | => if you need a DHCPv4 then you can get the ISC one or the WIDE one...
   | If you need a DHCPv6 then there is nothing (yet) for the last specs.

   I sincerely hope dhcpv6 does not find its way to the specs. rtsol works,
   and has none of the security problems associated with dhcp.

=> I *disagree*. We really need stateless/managed autoconfiguration and
rtsol has untractable security problems (*)... DHCPv6 has to work ASAP!

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

PS *: Dan McDonald tried and failed so the problem is at least very hard
with one exception: point-to-point links (PPP can easily setup a nice
security environment for you for instance).
PPS: if you need more arguments, just look at draft-perkins-aaav6-02.txt
(or the 03 I-D if it is out).