gated and Linux

Antonio Querubin tony@lava.net
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:49:14 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 info@caladan.net wrote:

> Is anyone using Linux as a border router for ipv6 on the 6bone, with
> BGP4+ ?
>
> If so, what routing daemon are you using, e.g. gated, mtrd, zebra,
> etc and do you have any sample config files.

We use zebra bgpd.  Here's part of our bgpd.conf file:

! specify your own ASN here
router bgp 6435
! add network statements for any address space allocated to you
 ipv6 bgp network 3ffe:8160::/28 nlri unicast multicast
! do any aggregation of your downstreams
 ipv6 bgp aggregate-address 3ffe:8160::/28 summary-only
! for each peer add a neighbor statement
 ipv6 bgp neighbor 3ffe:2900:d:a::1 remote-as 6175 nlri unicast multicast
! soft-reconfig is usually a good idea
 ipv6 bgp neighbor 3ffe:2900:d:a::1 soft-reconfiguration inbound
! add any AS path or route filters as necessary depending on your peering
! agreements ...