6to4 prefix announcements?

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:47:25 +0200 (EET)

Hello all,

It'd appear that 6to4 prefixes aren't announced on 6bone too much (I only
saw 2002::/16).

Due to this, ping6 within EU<->EU takes 800 ms instead of 300 ms because
it must go through ipv6-router.cisco.com.

I think this could be optimized by announcing prefixes, e.g. those
calculated from IPv4 addresses where IPv6 is being tested and 6to4 used.

Or is there reasons why this is not done?

BTW: I couldn't find any looking glasses for 6bone backbone routers.  Is
there any of these available?

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"