pTLA request for NTT-SMC - review closes 2 July 2001

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:38:01 -0700

6bone Folk,

NTT-SMC has requested a pTLA allocation. The open review period for this
request will close 2 July 2001. Please send your comments to me or the
list. As has been noted by various comments to this list, your comments on
these pTLA requests do matter, so please don't hesitate to voice your
support or concerns.

<http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?NTT-SMC>

<http://www.nttsmc.com>

Thanks,

Bob

===
Dear Bob,

  This is Yoshiyuki KINUGAWA of NTT SMARTCONNECT Corp., (following
  organization of NTT-TE Kansai) which is one of the Internet Data
  Center in Japan.

  I am writing in connection to pTLA address allocation.
  Our request for pTLA is as below and we are looking forward to your
  reply.

================================
[request form of pTLA]
================================
7. Guidelines for 6Bone pTLA sites

     The following rules apply to qualify for a 6Bone pTLA allocation. It
     should be recognized that holders of 6Bone pTLA allocations are
     expected to provide production quality backbone network services for
     the 6Bone.

     1. The pTLA Applicant must have a minimum of three (3) months
        qualifying experience as a 6Bone end-site or pNLA transit.  During
        the entire qualifying period the Applicant must be operationally
        providing the following:

We have about two years experience as a 6Bone end-site.

        a. Fully maintained, up to date, 6Bone Registry entries for their
           ipv6-site inet6num, mntner, and person objects, including each
           tunnel that the Applicant has.

inet6num:     3FFE:1800:2020::/48
netname:      NTT-SMC
descr:        SLA delegation for the NTT-ECL
country:      JP
admin-c:      NO2-6BONE
admin-c:      NO7-6BONE
tech-c:       NO2-6BONE
tech-c:       NO7-6BONE
remarks:      This object is automatically converted from the RIPE181 registry
mnt-by:       NTT-SMC-MNT
changed:      nin@slab.ntt.co.jp 19990825
changed:      auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net 20010117
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010529
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010614
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010614
source:       6BONE

ipv6-site:    NTT-SMC
origin:       AS4697
descr:        SLA delegation for the NTT-ECL
country:      JP
prefix:       3FFE:1800:2020::/48
application:  ping pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp
application:  ping ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp
application:  http www.v6.mcnet.ad.jp
contact:      NO7-6BONE
remarks:      NATIVE pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp -> cygnus.nttv6.net NTT-ECL BGP4+
remarks:      NATIVE pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp -> PF-gw.ipv6.nttwestlabs.net
NTT-WEST BGP4+
remarks:      This object is automatically converted from the RIPE181 registry
notify:       ntt-registry@nttslb.slab.ntt.co.jp
mnt-by:       NTT-SMC-MNT
changed:      tkonishi@nttv6.net 19990827
changed:      auto-dbm@whois.6bone.net 20010117
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010529
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010614
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010614
changed:      sasaki@nttv6.net 20010614
source:       6BONE

        b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and connectivity
           between the Applicant's boundary router and the appropriate
           connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
           pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
           Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA request.

Our network is connected to NTT-ECL and NTT-WEST with native link
using BGP4+. Our ipv6 router is configured as pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp
(3FFE:1803:0:1::7671:1), and it works only IPv6 protocle (not IPv4
pingable).

        c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
           entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one host
           system.

We maintain the nameserver forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
entries on ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.

# host -t aaaa ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp. ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Using domain server:
Name: ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Address: 3ffe:1800:2020::53#53
Aliases:

ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp. has AAAA address 3ffe:1800:2020::53

# host -n 3ffe:1800:2020::53 ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Using domain server:
Name: ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Address: 3ffe:1800:2020::53#53
Aliases:

3.5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2.0.2.0.0.8.1.e.f.f.3.ip6.int.
domainname pointer ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.

# host -t aaaa pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp. ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Using domain server:
Name: ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Address: 3ffe:1800:2020::53#53
Aliases:

pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp. has AAAA address 3ffe:1800:2020::1

# host -n 3ffe:1800:2020::1 ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Using domain server:
Name: ns.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.
Address: 3ffe:1800:2020::53#53
Aliases:

1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2.0.2.0.0.8.1.e.f.f.3.ip6.int.
domainname pointer pf-gw.v6.mcnet.ad.jp.

        d. A fully maintained, and reliable, IPv6-accessible system
           providing, at a mimimum, one or more web pages, describing the
           Applicant's IPv6 services.  This server must be IPv6 pingable.

http://www.v6.mcnet.ad.jp/
You can access it on only IPv6.

     2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
        "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
        provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
        This MUST include the following:

        a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
           person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
           for the pTLA applicant.

contact:      YK123-AP
contact:      TU10-AP

        b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all support
           staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in the
           ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.

notify:       v6@mcnet.ad.jp

     3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
        would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
        major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
        of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
        support this claim.

NTT SMARTCONNECT Corp. operates an Internet Data Center based on a
broadband Internet connection with major ISPs.  We would like to
provide IPv6 connectibity to our customers' servers by tunnel or
native.

     4. The pTLA Applicant MUST commit to abide by the current 6Bone
        operational rules and policies as they exist at time of its
        application, and agree to abide by future 6Bone backbone
        operational rules and policies as they evolve by consensus of the
        6Bone backbone and user community.

Yes, We commit and agree the 6bone rules and policies.

Sincerely,

  ---
NTT SmartConnect Corp.
  Operation &Technical Support