pTLA request comments [was: ...]

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:23:34 -0700

Pekka,

At 10:18 PM 6/6/2001 +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Bob Fink wrote:
> > >         Of course anyone would be allowed to comment/object/support.
> > >Nothing prohibits you.  The question really is, will it have any
> > >influence or will anyone listen.  Nothing is stopping anyone from
> > >commenting.
> >
> > Believe me, it DOES influence the process as I've done all of these pTLA
> > requests since the start.
>
>Just out of curiousity (by commenting, I mean all
>comment/object/support/etc.),
>
>  - has a request ever been denied based on comments?
>  - has a request ever passed that would otherwise have been denied were
>it not for comments?
>
>Ie, has this shown in practise?

One was denied, if I remember correctly, very early in the 6bone process 5
years ago. Several applicants had to do some more work to get their pTLA,
based on comments.

I have been inclined to deny even accepting applications from a few, but
was persuaded by comments, though it was by private email.

Others I have gently persuaded to withdraw their application as they didn't
pass the criteria, IMO.

All in all it has been a useful and open process. By this I mean if someone
does disagree with my pre-filtering, I will put it on the mailer and see
what responses I/we get. I never unilaterally decide these things.

Bob