DoS against IPv6?

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:08:57 +0900

>I'm writing a thesis about DoS/DDoS methods against IPv6/IPsec.
>
>If anyone knows any previous papers about subject, especially if they
>contain DoS-attacks in theory, but haven't implemented them, I could use
>those as references. I allready have some ICMPv6 attacks documented, but
>I need still more and other types.

	i have never seen IPv6 DDoS papers/whatever, but there are a couple
	of interesting ones.

	abuse tools:

	there was a tool to forge packets that cross IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnel,
	and lets bad guys inject any IPv6 traffic into the 6bone without
	revealing identity.  this could be used as a starting point for DoS.

	DoS possibility due to spec twist:

	http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?threads=1&list=1&start=2001-06-24&mid=193046&fromthread=1&end=2001-06-30&
	draft-ietf-ipngwg-p2p-pingpong-00.txt
	draft-itojun-ipv6-transition-abuse-01.txt

itojun