Getting IPv6 pointers to my Domain

Larry D. Hutchison LarryH@milarnet.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:50:18 -0700

Yes, but who at vigianie do I talk to about being an authority.  Like
Network Solutions for my IPv4 host?  Is there an authority to use for
obtaining these?

Regards:

Larry Hutchison
mailto:LarryH@milarnet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd T. Fries [mailto:todd@fries.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 4:17 PM
To: Larry D. Hutchison
Cc: 6BONE List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Getting IPv6 pointers to my Domain

aaaa records are like any other delegation zone.  Whoever is authority
for
the zone above you can delegate to you.   Aka I have:

	3ffe:b00:4004::/48

The upstream authority is vigianie, who delegates to me, and thus they
have
in their zone file:

$ORIGIN 0.0.4.0.0.b.0.e.f.f.3.ip6.int.
4	IN	NS	ns0.fries.net.
	IN	NS	ns1.fries.net.

And then I have a zone file '4.0.0.4.0.0.b.0.e.f.f.3.ip6.int' .. inside
of
which I then record the aaaa reverse delegation for all of my hosts.

Hope this helps...

Penned by Larry D. Hutchison on Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 03:46:13PM -0700,
we have:

--
Todd Fries .. todd@fries.net