New 6Bone participant - AIT from Austria

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:36:38 -0800

Kurt,

At 04:14 PM 2/13/2001 +0100, Bauer Kurt wrote:
>Hi 6Bone community,
>
>I just wanted to let you know, that our little IPv6-test-environment is now
>reachable.
>We are announcing AS15737, Prefix 3ffe:8034:60/48.
>Feel free to visit http://www.v6.ait.at (well, not much content there, right
>now ;-))  )
>
>I want to thank the guys at Aconet, Harald Michl and Wilfried Woeber, for
>letting us
>using a part of there address-space and setting up a tunnel.
>
>BTW a question, does it really take 3 months till I get my own pTLA ?? Isn't
>there a quicker way ??
>I'm quite expirienced with IPv6, as I did a project at Aconet (QTPv6) and
>wrote my thesis on IPv6.

The rules are pretty fixed these days... see:

<http://www.6bone.net/6bone_pTLA_rqst.html>

Assuming your experience is ok (but I do have to honor the 3 mos.), the
most important requirement then is 3:

>3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
>       would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
>       major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
>       of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
>       support this claim.

Bob