cannot ping past subnet

Pat Jensen patjensen@mediaone.net
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:31:15 -0800

You failed to mention whether you have a default gateway configured or what
routing protocols you
are using.  Type netstat -A inet6 -rn and look for a default route (the
default destination for
your packets)  If you are using a routing daemon like RIPv6, make sure the
daemon is running.

Also, it could be possible that your prefix is configured incorrectly on
your Ethernet/tunnel IF.
If you need more help, I'd suggest sending your netstart/rc.conf/ipv6 rc
files so that we can look
at your configuration.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6bone@ISI.EDU [mailto:owner-6bone@ISI.EDU]On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 1:59 AM
To: Jae.Lee@intelsat.int
Cc: 6bone@ISI.EDU
Subject: cannot ping past subnet

I am currently using ipv6 address 3ffe:b00:c18:1fff::6a5 setup on OpenBSD.
I can ping6 all ipv6 addys in my range of 3ffe:b00:c18:1fff::XXX -
e.g. www.6bone.net and www.normos.org. However if I try to ping6 any
addresses outside my range then I resolves the name to the ipv6 address
and send the ping but it is never returned. I am unable to connect to any
addresses outside my subnets. Any1 else have this prob??

- Synack