pTLA request for MICROSOFT - review closes 2 January 2002

Mike Knell M.Knell@westminster.ac.uk
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:11:24 +0000

> > > MICROSOFT has requested a pTLA allocation. The open review period for thi
> > > will close 2 January 2002. Please send your comments to me or the list.
(snip)
> The very least that 6bone can do is have Microsoft agree to such terms in
> writing. As a NetBSD developer, I do not want to see our work become
> irrelevant should Microsoft start making incompatible protocols.

Microsoft have had a presence on the 6bone for a long time, and I fail to
see (not that, I must confess, I'm that active in v6 stuff at the moment
after moving jobs) how granting them a block of address space should somehow
be seen as giving Microsoft carte blanche to "develop incompatible protocols".

Can we try and be realistic here?

Mike

--
This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may
be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not copy or show