pTLA request for MICROSOFT - review closes 2 January 2002

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:48:25 -0800

Chuck,

At 10:21 PM 12/17/2001 -0800, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
>Quoting Bob Fink (fink@es.net):
> > 6bone Folk,
> >
> > MICROSOFT has requested a pTLA allocation. The open review period for this
> > will close 2 January 2002. Please send your comments to me or the list.
> >
> > <http://whois.6bone.net/cgi-bin/whois?microsoft>

>Not to be petty, but this stanza jumps out as a potentially historic
>note.  We will hope that MS does not live up to their long earned
>reputation for not playing with others  (http, kerberos, DNS, DDNS,
>DHCP and others leap to mind).

Speaking from my own experience on the 6bone, and as an IETF ngtrans wg
chair, Microsoft has worked with the IPv6 community in an exemplary
fashion. I appreciate their continuing high quality IPv6 efforts.

Bob