Telnet Client Red Hat 7.2 IPv6 enabled ??

Flavio Villanustre lists@geminis.myip.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:54:06 -0300 (ART)

Thomas,

AFAIK, included telnet client in RedHat 7.2 doesn't support IPv6. You
could download an IPv6 capable telnet client or use shimlib library from
Nick Sayer to enable any standard IPv4 application (i.e. telnet client)
to resolve and connect to IPv6 servers.

You can download a modified version of shimlib library that compiles
cleanly under RedHat 7.2 from:

http://flavio.acme.com (IPv6 only site) or
http://geminis.myip.org (IPv4 only site)

It's just a single C source, compile it with:

gcc -shared -o shimlib.so shimlib.c -ldl

To use shimlib just issue:

LD_PRELOAD=./shimlib.so telnet IPv6_AAAA_or_A6_name_record

Regards,

Flavio.