Announcing 2003::/16 during tests of "shipworm"

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:01:09 -0800

Jan Oravec Wrote:

>> Although I welcome your will to participate on IPv6 protocol
>> development, I cannot agree with announcing 2003::/16. There
>> are active production IPv6 networks over the world already
>> which are connected to 6bone and receiving this non-official
>> prefixe.

Any serious production network would not be affected by this. Does your
IPv4 production network accept BGP advertisements for 10.0.0.0/8 ?

>> Anyway, I don't see the point of using the Shipworm.

Lots of other people do.

>> I am not against Microsoft, just I don't like when *ANYONE*
>> (not just Microsoft) is breaking the rules.

Can you clarify which rules you are refering to?

Michel.