Announcing 2003::/16 during tests of "shipworm"

itojun@iijlab.net itojun@iijlab.net
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:54:55 +0900

>1) The 6Bone is a research network developed for the main use of
>learning about and furthering the deployment of IPv6.  I haven't
>seen anything about production networks in it's charter, but I may
>have missed something.  We wouldn't have announced a non
>-assigned route in a production network.

	since there's only one single IPv6 network (just like there's only
	one IPv4 internet), the 6bone is interconnected to other serious
	commercial IPv6 networks.  the above assumption may not be appropriate.

itojun