6bone access from behind NAT

Dan Perry dap23@cornell.edu
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:30:53 -0500

Thanks for the suggestions I've gotten so far.  But it seems I didn't
clearly state what was wrong.   The real problem I'm having is that I
have a 2000 behind NAT.   I want that server to connect to the 6bone and
act as a router for the local network behind the NAT.   However, I can't
figure out how to get the server to connect to the 6bone, since it is
behind NAT.  I've been trying to use freenet6 as a tunnel broker.   I've
manually configured the NAT to route all incoming ports to my server.
My idea was that the tunnel would get forwarder along with the other
incoming IPv4 traffic, and then my server could act as a terminator for
the tunnel, and also route IPv6 traffic to the other clients behind the
NAT.   What I want to know is has anyone successfully connected to the
6bone from behind a NAT.    Is this even possible?   The freenet6 tunnel
broker gives a success message that it has connected, but I can't ping
anything outside.   Is there anything I can read up on the might help me
deal with the NAT that my server is behind.

Thanks again,

Dan