6to4 relay router survey

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:32:04 -0700

I have both a BGP feed from my pTLA and a static route to ::/0 with a
high administrative distance to someone else's 6to4 relay.

The reasoning is: If egress traffic ends up matching the default route,
it is likely that there is something wrong with my BGP feed and then I'd
rather not go in the tunnel to my pTLA because it might be the reason
there is something wrong with my BGP feed. Poor man's multihoming for
egress traffic.

Router is Cisco 2611 12.2(T1), never tried anycast.

Michel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Fink [mailto:fink@es.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 5:13 PM
To: 6BONE List
Subject: 6to4 relay router survey

6bone Folk,

I would like to find out how many of you are deploying/using 6to4 relay
routers at this time. Also, whether you plan to in the future.

Please include any technical info, such as anycast (or other) use for
discovery, and anything else you think relevant, e.g., platform...

If you would rather reply directly to me, please do. The list is fine
too.

My purpose is both for 6bone-wide deployment planning, so we can get as
much experience as possible, and for purposes of ngtrans transition
planning.

Thanks,

Bob