Linux "enable EUI-64 token format"

Elliott Norsa enorsa@ascend.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:47:59 +0200

EIU-64 refers to the format of the 64 low-weight bits of an IP-v6
address (128 bits), known as interface-id.

IP-v6 defines an auto-configuration mechanism in rfc462, for which
EUI-64 token format is needed, in order to generate an unique
IP-v6 address.

For more details see RFC's 2373 and 2374...

--
Elliott Norsa                               Ascend Communication Premea
Sr Software Engineer                        Village d'entreprise Green Side