pTLA request for BITS (www.bits-pilani.ac.in) - review closes 27 Apr 2001

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:55:46 -0700

6bone Folk,

BITS (www.bits-pilani.ac.in) has requested a pTLA allocation. The open
review period for this will close 27 Apr 2001. Please send your comments to
me or the list.

Please note that athough BITS, Pilani is not an ISP in India, as a leading
technological academic institution they wish to strongly lead and promote
early IPv6 deployment there by providing tunneling services. Their response
to me on this issue was:

"BITS, Pilani intends to serve the entire research / academic / technical
community on a non-profit basis and would therefore be happy to offer the
IPv6-specific non-profit services to any eligible seeker. In this sense, we
would definitely function as a non-profit provider of services and not
merely as an end site.   In fact, one of our major objectives has been to
provide benefits of our own Research and Development experience to the said
user community as well as work as a conduit to increase IPv6-awareness in
the entire sub-continent so as to pave the way for a smooth transition to
the IPv6-based internetworking. "

If you disagree with this pTLA usage, please send your comments to the
6bone list for open discussion.

Thanks,

Bob