Registry database problem

Jocelyn Picard Jocelyn.Picard@viagenie.qc.ca
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:35:11 -0400

At 02:50 PM 06/04/2001 +0900, you wrote:
>Registry manger and all folks,
>
>I have a 6bone-registry registraion problem and would like to ask a very
>instructive help.
>
>To achieve the 6bone connectivity and to obey the 6bone community rule, I
>tried to register myself and my network info stuff.
>
>First I tried to register myname with <person> field via web interface[1].
>Since I don't have idea what is <mnt-by> for me, I failed. Then using the
>unpreferred way - emaling[2] - I succeeded to create a new <person> field.
>Again back to the web-interface, I tried to create <mntner> field without
>known <mnt-by> value. According to the authorization model stated in [3],
>the <mnt-mnt> attribute should have been created even without <man-by>
>attribute. However, registry DB program gave me a short, and unkind reply:
>
>---
>Acknowledgement from your request:
>
>The object mntner does not have a MNT-BY attribute. All object MUST have a
>maintainer.
>Please go back and provide one.
>---

Hello,
        the steps are:

 1- create a PERSON object. Since you don't have a MNTNER object yet,
   don't put anything in the mnt-by field.

 2- create a MNTNER object. The name you'll choose will be the same you'll use
   for the mnt-by field (you're creating a self-maintained MNTNER object).
   You will receive a warning message (that looks more like an error message)
   saying your request will be handled manually.

 3- wait for an email saying your MNTNER object has been created (that can take
   several hours)

 4- now that you have a MNTER object,  edit your PERSON object
   (created in the first step) and fill out the mnt-by attribute using
   MNTNER object  created in step #2

Jocelyn
ps: a web form will simplify those steps in the near future.

--
Jocelyn Picard                     Jocelyn.Picard@viagenie.qc.ca
Viagénie inc.                      http://www.viagenie.qc.ca