Announcing IPv6 email

Todd Whipple Todd Whipple" <twhipple@zama.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:58:30 -0700

Zama is pleased to announce that we have put an IPv6 web based email service
on our web site.  Everyone is welcome to try it out and encouraged to do so.
You can get to it from www.zamanetworks.com and click on Zama Mail.  We have
detailed FAQ's on our site explaining what this does and what it is for.
Here is a brief description.

1.  This service is for testing purposes, therefore you may experience
outages due to patching the OS, applications, etc.  We will try to keep that
to a minimal amount.
2.  You can only access the web based email application if you are coming
from an IPv6 address.
3.  You can send to and receive email from IPv4 or IPv6.
4.  Currently this only works over SSL.  Since this is only a test system,
we are currently using a self signed certificate.  If this service becomes
popular, we will purchase a certificate from Verisign.
5.  And since this is our Beta release, it is FREE.

Since this is our first release of this, we welcome any and all comments,
suggestions, bugs, etc.  We have an address you can send to on our web site
or you can send me any questions and comments directly.

I am looking forward to everyone's experience and response to this.

Todd Whipple
VP of IPv6 Technologies
Zama Networks, Inc.
Seattle, Wa.