ipv6 addressing - non-routable equivalents?

John Wright john@dryfish.org
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:09:30 +0100

Slightly related and I'm sure I'll sound like a complete novice.

What's the equivalent of 192.168.x.y and 10.a.b.c for ipv6?  I've been
trying to get the autoallocated addresses that my OpenBSD box sets for the
network interfaces and I think setting them to something proper might help.

The problem I'm having is that I have to specify the outgoing interface for
things like ping6 and ssh otherwise the packets appear to go nowhere.

I've managed to get a freenet6 tunnel working okay though -- just my home
network ain't happy.

Those IPv6 RFCs are a bit of a brainful to understand. :)