Quiestion about reconfiguration our 6bone stuff

Grigory Kljuchnikov grn@ispras.ru
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:36:09 +0300 (MSK)

Hello,

Some time ago we have join to 6bone and have following
information in 6Bone/Whois database:

ipv6-site           ISPRAS

origin              AS3216 RIPE-ASNBLOCK4

descr               Institute for System Programming RAS,
                    Moscow, Russia

country             RU - RUSSIAN FEDERATION

prefix              3FFE:2100:1:17::/64
                    Aggregatable Global Unicast Address
                    TLA-ID: 0x1ffe, Sub-TLA: 0x420 6Bone
                    6BONE:JANET:JANET-PTP:

application         ping hex.ispras.ru

tunnels             type    IPv6 in IPv4
                    source  194.67.37.209
                            hex.ispras.ru
                    dest    193.63.94.6
                            ulcc.ipv6.ja.net
                    dest site JANET
                    dest prefix 3FFE:2100::/24
                    protocol STATIC

contact             VF1-6BONE

changed             vovus@ispras.ru 15th June 1999

This was done by our postgraduate student Vladimir Faiden. He had
some work with IPSEC. But now he works in some project that has not
any relations with IPv6 and 6Bone and don't maintain our 6Bone tunnel.
Moreover he don't remember how he has made the tunnel in detail.

We have a IPv6 project and we'd like to restore 6Bone tunnel with another
our host to test our implementions in IPv6 environment.
Besides we want to deploy IPv6 environment inside our LAN. I've read some
documents at www.6bone.net, but they don't explain how to reconfigure
established connection.

Now what we want:

1. We want to have a IPv6 router to 6Bone and some prefix that permit
to use site-local addresses inside our LAN and provide them to other
sites (I suppose it's one NLA ID if it's possible)

2. We have a FreeBSD 4.1.1 box for this purpose that is named
motor.ispras.ru (194.67.37.210). I've configure it with IPv6
and gif tunnel interfaces.

What we need to do?

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>