internal routing-protocols for IPv6

Yasuhiro Ohara yasu@sfc.wide.ad.jp
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:12:43 +0900

dante> > >    - OSPF.
dante> > >    OK, I've seen RFCs on this, but are there already implementations off
dante> > >    this?
dante> > > => at least one easy to find (Zebra).
dante> > As my 'central point' is a cisco-router, I would need it BOTH in cisco and
dante> > on the unix-boxes.
dante> >
dante> > (I could use RIP to go to a unix-box and then use zebra to continue in
dante> > OSPF; but let's not make things more difficult then necessairy. ;-)
dante>
dante> Why u need to use RIP? OSPF is a good internal use routing protocol, but
dante> we used with zebra , and sometimes zebra freezed our ciscos OSPF.
dante> I don`t remember what sw version, but if sb would like to know i`ll see
dante> it.

I've never heard about an implementation of OSPFv3(OSPF for IPv6) in
Cisco. Are you talking about IPv4???

If I can test OSPFv3 with Cisco, I really want to.

     yasu@Zebra OSPFv3 developer