Question about reverse DNS

6bone@schulte.org 6bone@schulte.org
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:25:30 -0500

At 01:57 PM 10/23/2000 +0300, Kontogianni Vicky wrote:
>I am trying to configure the DNS services, what are the steps in order to
>configure the reverse DNS?? The zone files are ready, but to who should I
>address for the delegation of my "reverse" domain??

 From http://www.isi.edu/~sekiya/IPv6/DNS.html#Reversezone:

"Each organization operating a top level aggregator receives a sub-domain
corresponding to their TLA. In turn, they will delegate further subdomains
to transit providers. The process goes recursively until a prefix is
assigned to an end site or network."

So, talk to your upstream.... my tunnel provider (sprint) delegated my
reverse of 3ffe:2900:e00a::/48 by default....  The corresponding zone in my
NS would be a.0.0.e.0.0.9.2.e.f.f.3.ip6.int.

You can also just 'dig' the ip6.int domain yourself and follow the
delegation tree, if all else fails and you can't get a straight answer from
anyone.

Have fun.

--
Christopher Schulte | christopher@schulte.org