linux tunnel

Andrius Kasparavicius andrius@andrius.org
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:56:35 +0200 (GMT-2)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Mauricio [iso-8859-1] Hernández García wrote:

> using a tunnel that I get in freenet6. They sendme some information
> (IPv6 and IPv4 addresses for both sides of the tunnel) to configure my
> system but I can't do it. I think my problem is with the route.

commands for simple IPv6 in IPv4 tunnel.
ip tunnel add <tunnelname> mode sit remote <remoteIP> ttl 64
ip link set <tunnelname> up
ip -f inet6 route add fe80::<remoteIP>/128 dev <tunnelname> metric 1
ifconfig tunnelname add <IPv6 address you have got>
ip -f inet6 route add ::/0 via <yours IPv6 gateway address in the same
subnet as <IPv6 address you have got>>

if tunnel exist on other side..it should work, but freenet checks other
IPv6 end's and removes not used tunnels.

                                                Kasparavicius Andrius
http://www.andrius.org  ICQ:17701001  tel.: +370 87 25630 nick: Casper
AND-RIPE AND-6BONE