IPv6-only reachable (web)-site

Feico Dillema feico@pasta.cs.uit.no
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:39:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 12:57:33PM +0100, Stig Venås wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 08:40:18AM +0100, Kristoff Bonne wrote:
> > I did notice however that a traceroute from Belgium to Norway went over
> > Japan.
> > Well, it's not via the US (as would be the case for IPv4), but hardly
> > optimal neither. ;-)
Normally it shouldn't, but things haven't been great at the exit point
out of Norway as Stig also mentioned. We're working on multihoming our
network to have a backup route when our main upstream route goes down
or becomes really bad like lately.

> Anyone willing to offer full 6bone connectivity for UNINETT and
> Norway's native IPv6 network? We're too dependent on a somewhat
> unstable 6bone connectivity at the moment. We're the owner of
> the pTLA 3FFE:2A00::/24.
Hei Stig,

We suggested Uninett to go for `real' addresses and connectivity by
connecting through e.g. NTT in Londen who offers native IPv6 service
either to replace 6bone connectivity or as multihoming solution. Wuold
also give us the opportunity to experiment with host and router based
multihoming setups.

Feico.