IPv6 linux-problem

Mark Smith Mark.Smith@au.uu.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:56:39 +1100

Hi,

There are known reliability issues with the Xirom pcmcia cards and the linux
pcmcia drivers.

I have the RBEM56G-100, and have had some networking issues, in particular,
using tcpdump/ethereal to perform packet sniffs - it works initially, but as
soon as I stop tcpdump, I have to perform the same sort of re-initialisation
of the card Kristoff lists below to be able to use it for standard ipv4
stuff.

I am currently using pcmcia-cs version 3.1.19. I tried using 3.1.21, and the
problems were worse - from memory, the card wouldn't even initialise
properly at boot.

Recently, I briefly tried ipv6 under linux with this network card, after I
got a ipv6 router going, and got no where. I haven't had a chance to look
into it further. The card did not seem to be processing router
advertisments.

There is a discussion of the issues here
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=33427

regards,
Mark.

--