IPv6 linux-problem

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne@skypro.be
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:12:08 +0100 (CET)

Greetings,

Does anybody know if the is a mailing-list or usenet-group for
IPv6-related problems on linux?

In the mean while, here is already a question about my problem:
Technical data:
Toshiba Laptop (Satellite Pro 420CDT).
Mandrake 7.1
kernel: 2.2.15-4mdkfb (recompiled to enable IPv6)
ethernet-card: Xircom CEM56 Ethernet/Modem (PCMCIA)

When I boot the PC, everything is OK. I get a correct IPv6 address, the
linux finds the router, and I am able to ping6 everything on the 6bone.

But, after a while (about 5 to 10 minutes I guess), I cannot reach
anything at all.
Even a 'ping6' of my local IPv6-router doesn't work anymore ('Address
unreachable', If I remember correctly).

The only thing that helps is:
- ifconfig eth0 down
- ifconfig eth0 up
(still nothing)
- ping <IFv4-address of IPv6-router).

(Remark: it's the IPv4 (!) address of router I must ping).

Some 5 to 10 minutes later: again the same problem.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
KB905-RIPE                                      belgacom internet backbone
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff) International Connectivity