Setting up a router

James Housley jim@thehousleys.net
Sat, 13 May 2000 21:55:23 -0400

I have FreeBSD 4-STABLE rounning to my "gateway" machine and a couple of
FreeBSD 4-STABLE machine on the internal network.  I would like to be
able to run IPv6 on the internal network, I got that figured out.  Just
add dns address and name and I was all set.  But I would also like to be
able route or gateway them out to the real world.  That is were I am
getting confused.

I have been reading the docs I can find, many apply to NetBSD or OpenBSD
and are close.  But most are out dated, since this is changing so fast.

Is it true that the gateway can't also be a host?

I do have an IPv6 address, from www.freenet6.net.  Will this let me do
what I want?

Direct answers and URLs welcomed.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.