Question about the future (of mainframes?)

JohnRankin@aol.com JohnRankin@aol.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:18:47 EDT

Gentlemen,

    There seems to be a bit of confusion about who or what I represent, so I
thought I would take a moment to explain.

    I am the director of development for Connectivity Systems Incorporated.
We are not IBM, nor do I work or speak for IBM.  However, we do develop and
maintain the TCP/IP stack for the IBM VSE environment.  This stack is sold by
IBM as if it was their own, and therefore we at Connectivity Systems work
very closely with IBM.

    Furthermore, IBM is a very large and extensive company, with several
operating systems running on the system 390 platform.  IBM does develop
directly, a TCP/IP stack for VM and OS/390, and I personally have no
information about what efforts are underway within IBM with regard to these
platforms.

    If this has caused any confusion then I truly apologize.

John Rankin
Director of Development
Connectivity Systems Inc.