DNS A6 chains

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:37:42 -0700 (PDT)

A6 support is in Bindv9, which is not yet released.  Testing is underway.
When it is stable, the servers for the ip6.int zone will be upgraded.

% I want to setup A6 chains for us and our leaf sites. I was wondering
% if the 6bone's nameserver is capable of resolving A6 records, so I could
% add a proper referral to 6bone.net or somewhere else? Something like this:
%
% $ORIGIN ip6.join.uni-muenster.de
% leafsite0100    IN      A6      24      0:0:100::       join.ip6.6bone.net.
%
% ,while 6bone's nameserver would respond with the first 24 bit of JOIN's
% assigned prefix 3ffe:400:: if queried for join.ip6.6bone.net.
%
% Are such references possible now or in the near future?
%
% Thanks,
%     Christian
%
% --
% JOIN -- IP Version 6 in the WiN   Christian Schild
%                   A DFN project   Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
% Project Team email:               Zentrum fuer Informationsverarbeitung
%            join@uni-muenster.de   Roentgenstrasse 9-13
% http://www.join.uni-muenster.de   D-48149 Muenster / Germany
% email: schild@uni-muenster.de,  phone: +49 251 83 31638, fax: +49 251 83 31653
%